Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Comparison of the three interviews

From all the three interviews, I learned a lot. I appreciated that I could have such a chance that I can know different cultures and improve my English.
Comparing to the first and second interview, the third one is the best I think. I interviewed Nicholas who sits beside me in class. He is a nice guy. He answered each question patiently and detailedly. I did not need to worry about how to ask questions and continue the interview. Nicholas is from American while my previous interviewees are from Rwanda and Japan. Since I am studying abroad in the United States, the third interview was a great chance to learn about American culture which can help me get used to the American life better. We still talked a lot even after the interview.
The main difference of the three interviews was the location. The first and the third one took place in the library and the second one was in the activity room in the Lawrence hall. During the first interview, I was a little nervous because it was my first time to do an interview and I was not very familiar with the whole procedures. The second and third one got better and better. I felt comfortable and relaxed.
Since I talked a lot with Nicholas, I spent about 1.5 hours transcribing my third interview. I am satisfied with my efforts during the three interviews. I have a strong feeling that my English has been improved after the interviews which pleased me.
It was my pleasure that my three interviewees were all very nice and we cooperated well. Thanks for them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment